Monday, October 22, 2012

Describing Movies - Our Viewpoints

Lisa wanted to copy some of John's movies last night. But what movies should she choose? Descriptions and summaries were needed. Courtney, Magnus and I tried to help. 

Warning! Spoilers might occur.

Resident Evil
Courtney: Yeah, it’s the one with the scary guy and he has a big gun, like a not real gun, the really big, round gun. I haven’t seen it, but the guy is really scary.
Magnus: It’s about zombies, isn’t it?

Sucker Punch
Ingvild: Oh, oh! Isn’t that the one with a bunch of girls with too much make up fighting? 
Lisa clicks on random places in the movie.
First picture: Two blonde girls smothered down with make up
Second picture: Five porn stars with long hair and open mouths doing nothing.
Third picture: Two blonde girls flying with corsets, weapons and skirts like panties.
Ingvild: Yes, it is! I haven’t seen it, but uuuh, it’s awful! It’s porn. Yes. It’s action porn!

School of Rock
Courtney: That was so stupid!
Ingvild: No, it’s really good! I’ve seen it too many times. It’s the only movie Jack Black can do. 
Magnus: Jack Black can't do any movies. Except from his five minutes in Mars Attacks!

Departed
Ingvild: It’s the one with Leonardo DiCaprio and, and...  Jack Nicholson
Lisa: and they are in Boston or something, and it’s mafia.
Ingvild: yes, there are cops and bad guys… who’s the third guy again?
Lisa: don't rembember, and it's mafia kind of, and, but the cops are actually…!
Ingvild: No! Stop, can’t say anymore. You’re spoiling it!
Lisa: Oh oh, okay. Anyways, it's about mafia!
Ingvild: And the third one is… Oh, I don’t remember.
Lisa: Matt Damon!

Shooter
Magnus: Mark Wahlberg plays this sniper.
Courtney: Yeah, I know! I've seen it. And they’re in a really tall building!

Sherlock Holmes
Lisa: It’s the one with the guy in the wall.
Courtney: Yeah, that’s so funny, when he blends in with the wall.
Ingvild: That’s the second movie, that’s so stupid.
Lisa: What? I think it’s sooo good!
Ingvild: Really? The first one is best. With the creepy guy that wakes from the dead and the red headed dwarf and they are in a group and do black magic.
Lisa looks confused.
Ingvild: In the second one they are everywhere, even in Germany, and he plays chess and rides that pony when everyone else has a horse, and he survives because of that stupid oxygen thing. Not a good movie!
Lisa looks more and more confused
Lisa: But I think it is so exciting! Is it actually a movie? I think what I’ve seen is the series.
Courtney and Ingvild: Ooooh, you've seen the series… That’s different. 

Magnus: There was a red headed dwarf in the first one?

Transformers
Ingvild: I like those movies! Did you like it? Which one was it? First, second or the third?
Lisa: Well, I don’t remember…
Courtney: What did the girl look like?
Lisa: She had big lips.
Courtney: Oh…. That helped… What hair colour? Blonde or brown?
Lisa: Mmmm, brown I think.
Magnus: So it’s one of the two first movies.
Ingvild: Was it the one when he “cheated” at university?
Lisa: I don’t remember. It was the one with too many robots fighting.

Jurassic Park
No description was needed.
Lisa: Yes! I want that one!

No comments: